Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Windows 8.1 Blue Screen of Death

Got my first Windows 8.1 blue-screen of death. With an error : CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION.
Some how this BSOD is repeated after some interval.

It reboots automatically. After boot, suddenly I need to type MS LIVE account password to log-in to my own desktop (arrrgghh) which is I forgot.
You need to go to account.live.com/password/reset to reset the password. Just follow the instructions.

Still amazed that you need to login to MS LIVE account to enter to your own desktop.

UPDATE :
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1_pr-system/criticalstructurecorruption-windows-81/42b145c2-20f2-4a50-b4d2-dea455b390f8

Some clues here are, the Intel Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager (HAXM) which is I use for Android emulator, causing the issue.
Other software using same technology might be raising this trouble also, i.e. VMware.

No comments: